Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dog Training - Days 15-17

OK, I got busy and neglected my blog for a few days! We're still working on the dogs' behavior on walks and Riley is still doing well, though she did let out a little bark after we passed a dog the other day. Finlay gets a little better each time, but Dorito still sets him off more than most dogs!

My copy of "It's Me or the Dog" by Victoria Stilwell arrived and while I've only just started it, I really like it so far! I like the way it's formatted as it's broken up nicely in the event you want to search for a particular topic. There are also some beautiful photos in the book as well. I'm anxious to get into it more so I can learn more of her techniques.

Overall, the dogs' behavior in the house is pretty good. Riley still barks a ton when she sees a critter. I think Fin has realized he needs to be quiet before I let them out, but we're still working on that with Riley.

I'm getting toned legs from all the walks I'm taking! I take them twice a day and since I have to walk them separately, that's 4 walks a day for me! Granted I'm not taking them each on the 2 mile walk, but the walks I do take them on are about 3/4 to 1 mile long. They are definitely getting me in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment