Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dog Training - Day 10

It's getting to the point where I never see other dogs on our walks and now I actually want to so I can work on training them!

Each dog got 2 walks today and we never once encountered another dog. Riley did encounter a cat and much to my surprise, she didn't make a peep! She did stare at the cat and the cat stared back at her, but that was it, no hissing from the cat and no barking from Riley. We stood there for a bit, talking to the cat's owner and not a peep, so I gave her some treats and we were on our way.

Finlay did so well with heeling, it was such a pleasure to walk with him, but again, we saw no other dogs.

Oh, I almost forgot, Riley and I saw a deer on our morning walk and that was cool. It was about 15 yards down the street from us, crossed the street, paused and looked over at us, then disappeared in the brush. I pointed the deer out to Riley since she wasn't looking that far ahead and while she saw it, she didn't bark, just pulled a bit, out of curiosity I'm sure.

With the barking today, it's mainly been at the back door, when they see a critter. I go to the door and wait until the stop barking before I let them out. Fin usually stops first, but it takes Riley a while to settle...she gets SO worked up! But I wait...and wait.

Finlay is being pretty barky right now and has been for the past hour. He's been out to potty, so I'm not sure what it's all about...I'll have to see if the frog is on the patio, because that's usually why he does this when it's dark out...the frog is hanging out, getting his dinner on our patio and Fin barks at him, I'm sure that's how it is for every household, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment