Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dog Training - Day 14

Whew, it's been a day! Just a long day, nothing crazy. I did just complete a super-cute bull terrier shirt. I'll post a photo in the a.m.

OK, so I realized I'm getting WAY too long-winded with these updates, so they will be shorter. The gist of it is that Riley is doing really well, saw several dogs today and handled all of them really well. One was a very energetic pit bull who was pulling towards her and she didn't make a sound. She saw him alright, but acted like a lady! ;) I have to say, I am still moving to the other side of the road when I see another dog, but she's doing great!

As for Finlay...Can you guess? Yeah, still acting up when he sees another dog. I don't think we saw one on our morning walk (it seems so long ago, I can't remember!), but we saw what looked like a Maltese or Malti-poo this evening and he was still anxious and barking. The dog was in its own yard and I think it was calm - my focus was on Fin - and I think it may have been a good training scenario for him, but I honestly had a hard time calming him down. Now I'm really wishing that Victoria and I had worked with Finlay instead of Riley on this one! ;)

It's OK, a challenge is a good thing and I will feel such a sense of accomplishment when Finlay acts like a gentleman when we see another dog. I'll be the proudest dog-owner on the block!

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment