Friday, December 26, 2008

A Word On Poop...

I don't quite understand why dog owners find it so difficult to pick up after their dogs. It's bad enough when you find poop in your front lawn, worse when you step in it, and just plain lazy & rude. My neighborhood has an HOA and in the past couple of months, I've notice a pooper-scooper company out in the common areas picking up dog waste. Wait a minute...this means we are paying for this!??! I know the pooper scooper company isn't cleaning up my neighbors' dog poop for the fun of it or simply to be nice. Clearly this has become such an issue that the community decided we needed to pay someone to clean up after ourselves. This is absolutely ridiculous! I have two dogs and each time we go for walks, I take old grocery store bags to clean up after them on our walks. It's really not that hard AND it's your responsibility as a dog owner!

It seems that since this company has been brought in, we see more poop in the common areas than before! People are now being lazy and they figure, "oh well, that guy will come out and clean it up..." Yeah and hopefully before I step in it!

One of my big concerns with pet owners is the lack of responsibility I see, not just in poop clean up, but in general. It seems so many people get dogs for themselves and don't think about the life of the dog or if the dog is satisfied and happy. Dogs are not lawn art, they are not disposable (when your new baby comes along and you don't prepare the dog with proper training so you just get rid of it), and they don't exist for your pleasure. They are a responsibility and living beings that need to be fulfilled just like humans. If you don't want to have an extra life to take care of, don't get a pet! And please, take some bags with you and clean up that poop...your neighbors will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment