Saturday, September 26, 2009

Recap - Dog Show

How nice it is to take a break from all the craziness of preparing for and selling at the dog show! We worked for about 3 weeks straight getting ready for the show and that paired with full-time jobs is enough to wear a woman out!

The rain is back in Atlanta, so I'm taking advantage of a sleepy, rainy, southern day...listening to the rain and watching college football, that and the Real Housewives of Atlanta (I admit, a guilty pleasure!).

While we didn't sell as much at the show as we had hoped, we weren't the only ones. 4 straight days of rain kept spectators away and I was told the entries were down a lot this year - chalk that up to the economy. So, with those factors, I think we did well. We got a lot of great feedback and interest in our products.

I've re-worked a few of the breeds based on feedback by breeders who know their breeds best and I have a few more to tweak.

It was a great experience - I learned a LOT about dog shows! I don't think I full understood what a business it is, it's quite something. That and I had no clue that people dye their dogs so their coats look better!

We will let you know when we have another booth!

1 comment:

  1. I got some of your cards on Thursday-the pink/brown combo with the pug on them. I love the cards!

    ReplyDelete