Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Boxerstock - What A Blast!

We had an amazing time at Boxerstock presented by the Atlanta Boxer Rescue.  It was a great event with lots and lots of boxers...and a few other breeds for good measure!  ;)  I think the final count was 1200 people which was fantastic - a lot of great folks came out for a great cause. 

I learned a few things at Boxerstock:
  • Check your boxer for lumps as boxers are prone to cancer.  Even if they are young, you should pay attention because if caught early, most cancers can be treated.
  • Some breeders "put down" white boxers as they are seen as "undesirable".  Wait, what?!  Why not find them a home like the lovely ones I saw at Boxerstock?!  I realized I hadn't seen a white boxer before and I now knew why.  They are so pretty!
  • Many people are not cropping the ears anymore...these guys are so cute with floppy ears!
  • There's not as much barking at a boxer event as there is at a terrier event!  ;) 
We had a really good time and will definitely plan on being there next year!  Our thanks to everyone who came out and supported us!

No comments:

Post a Comment