Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Kong Toys - A Terrier Owner's Treasure

If you've been reading my posts, you know I have two border terriers, two border terriers with lots of energy, enthusiasm, and sass! I grew up with yorkies and was accustomed to having all sorts of cute, fluffy toys for my dogs to play with...then I got my first border terrier. I quickly realized that cute, fluffy toys of any kind are not a good thing in my house. Finlay can "kill" a soft toy in seconds. One day, I found an "indestructible" canvas toy that was made of military-grade canvas...This one lasted a bit longer, about 15 minutes.

I have found that Kong toys are the best toys for my dogs. Their website says they are "nearly indestructible" and I have to disagree...I find they are simply indestructible! Now, I'm sure someone out there can tell me a story of a Kong that was destroyed, but I'm not that person. Finlay is all about the food and loves to work out the treat. Riley loves this part as well, don't get me wrong, but she also loves to play with the toys, grabbing one, playing "keep away", tug (yes, we've found a way!), and simply running around with it, bouncing to and fro. When I am able to wrestle it away from her, she loves to chase it as it randomly bounces across the floor. She is cute, she gets such a kick out of her Kong toy!

Below is a short video clip of Riley with her Kong...Isn't she cute?! Oh yeah, that's Fin you hear in the background...we got him all excited with our play, but he was being camera shy. ;)

I'm really looking forward to the new Kong wobbler and will let you know what the three of us think of it!

What's your dog's favorite toy? Have you found anything else that is "nearly indestructible"?

No comments:

Post a Comment