Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pillow Talk


Sorry it's been a while since I've written, I've been busy and trying to get organized! My Friday night out at Candlebar was fun and successful. I got a total of 5 orders which was great, plus they asked for more cards last week! They are the nicest people. If you are in the Atlanta area, please pay them a visit. They have a shop in Midtown and one in Dunwoody. They have the coolest gifts and wonderful lotions and soaps.

So, back to the title of this post...I decided I would try to #1 sew a pillow and #2 sew an applique on said pillow. My dear friends just had a baby and since they are big dog lovers, I wanted to make them a unique dog-themed gift to put in the dog-themed nursery. I found a fun "kid" fabric, got some contrasting felt for a dog silhouette and got to work...Not only did I sew a pillow with a dog silhouette applique, I also sewed a zipper on the pillow! Now, it's not the most well-crafted pillow because I'm still learning (and a perfectionist and my sewing machine goes from 0 - 100 with no in between!), but they loved it and they are so fun to make (when my sewing machine cooperates). I've done a total of 4 pillows with dog breed silhouettes and I just love them! Hopefully it won't be long before I perfect these and can start selling them online.

I've included a picture so you can let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment